05 August 2011

Yes, I have a Justin Bieber CD. It's an occupational hazard.


Occupational hazards of being a stagehand: #41 liking Justin Bieber

Yes, you are reading that correctly. I actually kind of like Justin Bieber. You sit and listen to 12 year old girls mangle Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift for four days and you’ll be grateful for the chance to play Justin Bieber too.

As bad as the hours are at the kids stage, they were worse on the adult stages. However, on the adult stages, we got to play adult music between acts. Not so when it’s a kids stage. This year, Justin Bieber saved my sanity.

Last year, there was something called the Jonas brothers going around in addition to the teenaged girl country singers. Last year was torturous. The karaoke lasted longer last year than this year, so I was in hell for four fucking days listening to 12 year old girls mangle Miley and Taylor.

Now you know why I like Justin Bieber. Just shoot me, please.
And for the record, I found that Justin Bieber CD yesterday. I played it while I was ironing clothes. And speaking of clothes, I need to go put some on so I can take out the trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment