22 January 2013

Scarlett was on to something

"I'll think about that tomorrow. After all, tomorrow is another day."

So, today I'm just not going to think about how I don't want a house and Sunshine does. Today, I'm not going to think about how broke we are. Today, I'm going to drink too much coffee and make a rag rug. Or something.

Today might be a good day for creative pursuits. I've only got a few hundred miles worth of materials to make a rag rug, and I'm tired of looking at them. I think Sunshine is sick of moving them around every time he needs to get something out of the passenger seat of the magic bus.

Sometimes, I just have to walk away from a problem. Sometimes, a problem is just to big to think about for long. Sometimes, a problem is just to big for me to think about at all, and if I just walk away from it then maybe my higher power will give me an answer.

So today, I will tap into my creative side. It might not do me any good at all, but at least I won't spend another day crying over a problem I don't know how to fix.

Scarlett O'Hara was on to something. I'll think about my problems tomorrow. After all, tomorrow is another day.

10 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful. Step away from it. Sometimes it's the best thing to do. <3 Email, call, text, IM, smoke signal, or whatever me because I'm around. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As broke as we are right now, there is still no escaping the fact that a day trip might be in order around the second weekend in February. I'm hoping we can do coffee or something!

      Delete
    2. That would be fantastic! Keep me posted!

      Delete
    3. That would be fantastic! Keep me posted!

      Delete
  2. Just as long as you don't start trying to make clothes out of the Magic Bus blinds, I'd say this is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure that the magic bus blinds are made out of some sort of paper-ish fabric. Could be pretty avant-garde, no?

      I did make a scarf out of a vest, and a cardigan out of a bathrobe, so there is that, too.

      Delete
  3. As I read this post the Beatles song "Let it Be" started running through my head. John, Paul, George and Ringo can't be wrong. There will be an answer, let it be ...

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if you were in my brain when you wrote this....because it is exactly how I feel today. I need to take a step away from these problems that are too big and let God deal with them. I have no answers, and all the worrying in the world isn't going to fix anything.

    Are you going to share pictures of your creativity?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I ever actually get creative enough to warrant pictures, then yes, I will post them.

      Delete