28 July 2011

What a Day

Final exams today. Accounting and Statistics. What the fuck possessed me to think it was a bright idea to take both in the same four week period of time, I haz no clue.

And yet, somehow, I made it through it. I have to give a lot of credit to the professors. I had good ones.

Don't misunderstand me, I know that I did a lot of work and used what few brain cells I have left after years of using my body as a toxic chemical dumping ground. It's just that I usually have such a hard time with anything mathematical.

I believe that math and science tell the truth, I just have a hard time getting them to tell me the truth. My statistics professor said that I have a very unusual mindset for somebody majoring in liberal arts. It's true. Most of the liberal arts majors at my school are just pajama slobs who are masters of bullshit--they can twist words and thoughts and spin a fantastical dream for you.

I prefer reality.  I spent too many days, nay years, in a chemically induced dream state. Today is perfectly beautiful and I wouldn't want to miss it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment