13 July 2012

Who, what, why, and other question words

My mom tells me that, as a child, I questioned everything.

I believe it. See, I still question things.

I often want to ask people "who the fuck are you?" or better yet "who the fuck do you think you are?" when they act so entitled, so rude, so condescending. I see it all the time at work. (Working with the public is beastly because, for the most part, people are assholes.)

Sometimes, I wonder "what the fuck just happened?" (Generally, the answer would involve me mot knowing who the fuck s/he thinks s/he is.) Usually, these times amuse me for days after they're over.

My favorite question used to be "why?" Why is the sky blue? Why the hell are people such assholes? Why is there an expiration date on sour cream?

Today, I just ask "why not?" I mean, why not be an asshole? Everybody else is.

Then again, why not be nice? Why not set aside my questions and just "act as if" I'm all peaceful and serene inside instead of letting the rest of the world know I'm thinking of eleventy-hundred ways to tell you I don't give a fuck who the hell you think you are?

Can you tell I really don't want to go to work today? Can you tell I don't want to work with the public today? What the hell, why not just go to work and be nice? It'll put me that much closer to a mew pair of Manolos, and maybe somebody will surprise me today by not wanting me to know who the fuck they think they are (and really, aren't those the most interesting people there are?)

No comments:

Post a Comment