12 December 2012

My dog is fucking smart

Mollie woke me up at 3:30 this morning.

Well, she woke me up multiple times throughout the night, wanting somebody to carry her past the heaters and heat vents so she could get a drink of water.

But at 3:30, she woke me up to tell me something.

When I sat her down in the kitchen so she could get some more water, she just sat there and stared at the general vicinity of the furnace and vents until I figured it out. The furnace wasn't working properly. It was blowing cold air, and apparently had been for some time. It was cold as fuck in here. I assumed that the propane tank was empty, and turned the furnace off. As it was 3:30 in the morning, cold as fuck, and dark as hell, I tucked Mollie in with me and we snuggled with the electric blanket to wait for daylight.

Apparently, that was not sufficient for the dog. Around 5, she crawled out of our cozy nest and climbed on top of Sunshine's chest, where she proceeded to lick his face until he woke up. I should probably mention that this involves the placement of her paws on Sunshine's face to A) help her balance and B) keep him from turning his face.

So there she sat, on top of Sunshine, pinning him in place, licking crazily at his face while her tail beat the covers to death.

He finally roused himself enough to tell her "I love you too, Mollie. Now go back to sleep", to which I responded "she's trying to tell you that the furnace isn't working and it's cold and you need to fix it".

Sure enough, the moment he switched the tank and got the heat working again, she climbed in the bed and went right back to sleep.

It isn't the first time she's done some shit like that. He had spent a few nights out of town back around Halloween, and on his first night back at home, his fucking snoring drove me to the couch. She hopped on his chest, licked his face until he got up, led him to the front of the bus, and sat there staring at me on the couch until he figured it out and woke me up so we could all go back to bed together.

Mollie knows when something isn't right.

I love my little doggie.


2 comments:

  1. If we can open ourselves to all the living beings around us, our lives are so very much enriched. Note to self: get that fence finished so the kids can get me a puppy.

    ReplyDelete